Awesome — a boss with a sense of humour. That almost makes up for a lack of Excel skills. Of course, we can debate that, during yoga class.
- not yet, ah i don’t even know how to use excel but i’ll attempt it tonight, is it hard?
- Only in my world does a quick Skype message to a friend before the end of work lead straight into nested IF functions in Excel *sigh*
- Why does excel take so long to calculate pivot tables??? #geektweet
- I make beautiful excel pie charts #justsaying. I’m copy righting the name Piecharto ©. In other news I’m hungry for some reason.
- This debate is just one long list of percentages. Like televising an Excel spreadsheet. #bland #yawn #senedd2011
- I just devoted 10m to embedding the War3 Orc "Work Done" wav into an excel macro. Yes, it was that important.
- I could’ve used Excel to do this entire 1.5 hour lecture’s work in 5 minutes.
- Boss: How do you do this thing on EXCEL? Me: Did you Google it? Boss: Did you Google how to file for unemployment? #SSG #WorkTweet
- Currently having one of those very rare moments I wish I knew how to use Excel to make charts and stuff. It would be helpful.
- I [heart] #excel macros. That is all.
- Welcome back to #excel hell. List lists everywhere and not a drop to drink.
- My boss can’t use Excel, nor locate a lost Outlook temp file, but yet is Director of I.T, how do I resolve this?
- Busy day at work = lack of tweets. #excel
- i know how to do the excel but 1 mistake ruined the whole workbook. =( unfortunately it ruined my grade too =’(
- Hmm, seems that I’ve arrived at work sans motivation. Maybe I’ll get some shortly once I’ve fiddled with excel.
- #Excel the only Microsoft program worth a darn. #truth
- Reports, excel charts, phones, email; all in my cubical. Do you ever feel more like a factory click-worker than a "knowledge worker"?
- Quote of the day "The problem with excel is you know you’re doing something incredibly boring if you even have to open it."
- Seems that I have my work brain on. Every time the yoga instructor said "exhale" I heard "Excel" #retired
Share and Enjoy
That Barbie workbook was pink, I’m sure, and would probably make you feel queasy. At least the boss wasn’t working on that – her Excel file was blue!
- I just spent the past 30min w/my boss picking out a shade of blue to color her Excel spreadsheet. #thatkindofday
- They see their lives through screenshot eyes/ take courage with the pivot table’s final say / make choices when they sign on the dotted line
- Loving the fact my husband knows how to create graphs and charts using Excel and doing my extra credit assignment for me
- Messy excel files give me the creeps. Having to work with one makes me want to recoil. *shudder*
- oh lord…she want me to do excel……….
- Nothing can kill motivation faster than losing 2.5 hrs of work in excel because of a blue screen. Gonna keep fighting tho #DangerVsMonday
- Saddest thing of all: still not clear on the answer. Time to procrastinate with a pivot table or something.
- The thought of a spreadsheet makes me feel slightly queasy
- Nerd alert: organized all my monthly expenditures into a nice Excel document, complete with pie charts!
- still can’t believed i made a Microsoft Excel workbook for my barbies. INCREDIBLE ?(•??~•~)?
- if I had an "i <3 geeks" shirt I woold dedicate it to you and your awesome excel spreadsheet I am making one after work I think
- Last work day of the week, and my computer was pulled out for repairs. Trying to mentally edit an Excel. #fb
- What the heck is this "pivot table" nonsense, anyway? If I wanted to pivot I would have bought a Sit & Spin.
- Just showed a customer how to do a pivot table and saved him a couple of hours work per month. I was popular!
- ooh, it could be so worse, you could be sitting in front of a pile of receipts and one unhappy looking spreadsheet…
- Excel spreadsheet, you can not be this persnickety today please. Thanks.
- mustering up the motivation to work on a finance project, but mostly staring at a blank excel spreadsheet morosely
- Last night i dreamt of pivot tables again. yes, pivot tables & yes AGAIN! i need to use excel less.
- if i have to work on another excel report i might just explode into binary
Share and Enjoy
What’s wrong with running PowerPivot on XP? I don’t have to justify myself! But it’s strange that the tweeter assumes I’m a man – maybe I need more rainbows, and less dynamite, on my website.
- Wunderkind: a young lad with basic familiarity of Excel (today it was "The Pivot Table") in an office full of baby boom computer illiterates
- Zac can count. Zac understands calculators. Now all I need to teach him is pivot tables in Excel and I can send him to work to do my job
- Love it- excel is the fisherprice of programming… #trampoline
- Hacked my way into someone’s password-protected Excel file to look at their VBA code. Nerdy, but super cool and fun.
- I am at the "Excel spreadsheet open as I pretend to do work I don’t have because there is none" part of the day
- This man is running PowerPivot on XP. Strange… http://www.contextures.com/PowerPivot-Identical-Excel-Files.html
- Co-worker asked me why the text in an excel spreadsheet wasn’t lined up right. I almost told him "I don’t have to justify myself to you!"
- why do physics professors love excel?
- Showing my weekly budget paperwork who’s boss: ME (as long as Microsoft Excel says it’s okay).
- it’s an excel macro? They don’t work on twitter, just excell
- Stupid excel, make the damn graph!!!
- New found love – Nephew and Microsoft Excel. And they don’t go together
- One of these days I’ll swear-off getting involved in projects where the "application" is an Excel worksheet.
- So I found a cost/street value excel spreadsheet calculator for Cocaine on my computer.
- It’s quarter past midnight and I’m designing spreadsheets for work. Sad MS Excel addict much?
- Dear work: why exactly is it ‘inappropriate’ to yell "BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!" when I get an excel spreadsheet formula correct?
- My husband is making an Excel spreadsheet detailing my son’s Thomas collection and the value of each piece. #lovemygeek
- OH in conversation between two financial analysts: FA1 "I love Excel." FA2 "Oh man, me too." #geekingoutoverExcel
- I swear #Excel should limit you to 4 colours until you’ve proven you can use them effectively. #SeeingRainbows
Share and Enjoy
Cursing John Walkenbach – didn’t they make a movie about that, starring John Cusack and Cameron Diaz? And speaking of movies, don’t let that Invesco video give you pie chart nightmares!
- Prior to this Excel class if my boss had asked me to Concatenate his Function I might have sued for harassment…
- Curse you Walkenbach! All these curly brackets! What sort of twisted formula is this? #excel #arrays
- The 2 most abused software applications in the business world: #Excel & #PowerPoint.
- Excel nightmares. Watch out for pie charts! — Invesco "It Can Happen" http://t.co/M0CY5HP via @youtube
- May have momentarily forgotten that iTunes wasn’t excel and tried to hide rows the got confused when it didnt work….
- Ooh I do love a pivot table #ivebeeninthelibrarytoolong
- Just got a website concept as an #excel file – why do people stuff like that? why? #facePalm
- I was so bored at work i took the time to find out that microsoft excel is capable having only 65536 rows #thatsit
- quickbooks: you’re complicated & fussy! i’m going back to my old love, excel. consider this your post-it note breakup. #smallbusiness
- I need some food before trying to understand the formulas in that spreadsheet?!? feed the brain!
- I currently have 18 Excel docs open. I need a spreadsheet to manage the spreadsheets.
- Big ‘IF THEN’ statement in #excel is killing me!
- Wrote my first decidedly elegant line of code. Awesome feeling. On excel but still.
- i din’t know how sophisticated an excel spreadsheet can be. i feel like a grown up creating all this formula and piecharts. #microsoftoffice
- I work that kind of thing out in my head. Dont need excel for that. The answer is42!
- On my way to see Big Audio Dynamite and watching Excel pivot table tutorials. #NeverADullMoment
- Entering formulas into excel. Like a boss.
- Excel cannot complete this task with available resources. Choose less data What? I’m only creating a pivot table from 52,000 rows of data
- Someone just told me that he doesn’t have Excel, so he can’t open the spreadsheet I sent. He should look into updating that Commodore 64.
Share and Enjoy
Yes, it does sound tempting to run off and drink champagne, but no one said it would be easy. Stay at your desk, and savour the small Excel victories.
- Ever noticed that the only time you work on learning Excel is when you actually need to do something with it and it is due today? Yep.
- You know you have a problem when Excel shows up in your dreams. Waking up bored is not a great way to start the day!
- I hated working in an office, but I sure do love being able to find my way around an excel spreadsheet!
- The secret of manipulating bin sizes in a spreadsheet is slowly revealing itself. But … #excel #statistics
- One of the most underrated and important work skills: Knowing how to use Excel properly.
- Anyone out there know MS Excel???? And by know, I mean KNOW. I have a problem that’s more advanced than how to add two cells together.
- I’m not making an Excel spreadsheet for DJ-ing with BPM, cue points, and EQ notes. Psh! Do you think I’m an effing Ravenclaw? *shifty eyes*
- If I see another pivot table I’m going to *something* *something*.
- Much rather be guzzling free champers at the new #m&s opening on #eccy road than staring at an Excel spreadsheet #cheersies
- No one said it would be easy. And then they asked for an Excel spreadsheet.
- Oh dear I’ve sent people a spreadsheet where the text is aligned all rubbishly so if they’re like me they’ll be annoyed. Oops.
- Today I tell the young ones a little about code and language and some more excel. Sorting and graphs. Think they will like the graphing.
- Throughout the work day its the minor Excel victories that make you really proud. And lame. #Me
- Anyone wanting to hide information from me should just put it in a spreadsheet and email it to me.
- I’d rather spend my entire day in front an Excel spreadsheet than anything else in the whole-wide-world. #NotIntendedToBeAFactualStatement
- The biggest problem with Excel is its mere existence. #hugeproblem
- If you’ve got a problem, and no one else can help…just build a spreadsheet. Thank you excel for your help once again xx#SpreadsheetsRock
- Excel No One #moviedayattheoffice
- oh excel sheets…I loathe and love you. you’re the Ike to my Tina #datasheets
Share and Enjoy
You’ve heard of Excel pie charts, but what about custard charts? They sound equally delicious! And disarming.
- I’m the Director of IT at my office. Excel just shutdown and I lost a days worth of work. Just so you know it happens to us too.
- i love how the "show quick preview" printing option in excel bogs my machine down and takes a good 2-3 minutes.
- My Excel Geekometer went off the charts today when I unlocked the world of programmatically controlling Essbase with VBA. #sendhelp
- With statistics functions, I am entering strange waters. NORMDIST is a reassuring function though. Acts as my anchor. #excel
- So…a person was hired to use Excel AND HAS NEVER USED EXCEL. And this is now my problem?
- Just solved a complicated excel formula problem. Moral of story: F comes after E not before.
- it appears you can disarm bombs by using ms excel! http://t.co/ASiNQHM
- I put all of the excel sheets I needed in one workbook so I didn’t have to set print settings for each sheet. Guess what? You still have to.
- I almost cried earlier cus I didnt knw how to work microsoft excel for my project. But thank God for youtube videos lol
- Sorry Mr Salesman, that spreadsheet is misnamed it should be "pipedream" not "pipeline"!
- So much for me getting off work on time – stuck with a stupid excel issue for a user – uuuggghhh
- The excel problem now seems to be, it can’t tell if things like 02/12/10 are MM/DD/YY or DD/MM/YY.
- There are no stupid questions when it comes to MS Excel, just stupid people. #googleitdamnit
- No work for me today! Instead I’m going to become a Excel Super User…hope they have STRONG coffee!
- If I hide from this spreadsheet, will it solve its own problems?
- Yay for being able to paste conditional formatting across all tabs! Wasn’t sure if that would work. #Excel #IAmANerd
- Have started answering the phone at work as ‘excel help desk’ #fml
- New Goal: Learn #Excel Programming in next 15 days. How uncool can I be
- were making custard charts according to my excel 2 teacher at JCCC. yummm making me hungry. #itsclustersmartprofessor.
Share and Enjoy
A pig, some bricks, and a whiz. No, it’s not a fairytale, it’s just another day in Excel. Grab some coffee and buttered paper, and get started.
- if i were you i’d just delete the excel worksheet, uninstall excel and tell your (big?) boss to shove it…. but i’m not you =)
- I wish Excel would default to a 0 gap width for bar charts.
- oooh i remember setting up my first drop down list, pivot table and the ultimate "vlookups".
- Yes!! I feel restless! Maybe I’m getting Spreadsheet Withdrawl Syndrome! Lol
- Funny observation: when entering a function in a spreadsheet you have to start with =( maybe that’s why math makes me sad
- Is it sad that I’d rather get a lower grade in class than pay $197 for a CD with some stupid excel files? #tightwad
- Oh Excel conditional formatting, how I love thee. Colour coded my spreadsheet in a way that would have taken hours. #TimeForASmugBrew
- Now on BBC4; the true story of Florence Nightingale and her use of Microsoft Excel charts and pivot tables. Way ahead of her time.
- When I was 8 a spreadsheet was something you did before you made a fort out of old bricks in the garden.
- Somebody played 52 card pick-up with my spreadsheet.
- Boss looking for an "Excel Whiz" to make a table for him. He’ll be so excited when he finds out I can also use the ‘Sum’ function.
- Public service announcement. If you can use Excel functions but don’t use pivot tables, learn pivot tables. Really, they’re the best.
- Pens and paper make a refreshing change from powerpoint and excel. Real office beats MS Office everytime…
- i love excel. i don’t do a lot of formula stuff but can do data coloration etc.
- You’ll all be pleased to hear that it’s a day of spreadsheet analysis for me. like a pig in mud lol
- i still don’t think i know what a spreadsheet is. the word makes me think of buttered paper
- Ladies and gentlemen of Twitter: an announcement. I HAVE MADE A PIVOT TABLE WORK ALL BY MYSELF. #success
- Best way to start the morning you ask??? #Coffee and #spreadsheets. Don’t know why I’m so addicted to Microsoft #excel
- it’s called a pivot table sweetie. Need some excel tutoring and a tissue?
Share and Enjoy
Don’t blame Excel when your wedding goes over budget – it can’t order a fighter jet on its own! However, pastel pie charts wouldn’t cost much, and make lovely decorations.
- I wonder what the world would be like without Excel.
- Ok, I think my spreadsheet is now current. Dear COO, please to be not adding anything new to it, else my head might explode. /frazzled
- New addition to the ultimate wedding spreadsheet "fighter jet flyover"#goingtogetintrouble
- btw i can teach you pivot tables, but only on older versions of excel — the 2007 version blows.
- Is it me, or is Excel 2007 just plain sluggish?
- Making pie… charts that is. The default colors for charts in Excel are terrible. Nothing like pastels to grab someones eye < sarcasm
- I have mad love for MS Excel, those functions, curly formulas, macros *sigh* I’m in love #spreadsheetSwagger
- Just bought a book on VBA code in Excel from Amazon. #nerdwinning
- excel pivot tables do stink!! Why can’t they simplify that process? Not rocket science! Or- wait-maybe it is after all!
- Do new versions of Excel have the international date format built in? Because not having that is just stupid.
- I love mathematical modelling on excel….its a great destresser
- I love inserting comments in excel sheets. The small text boxes with arrows pointing to the cells excite me. Lol!
- Not that said coworker intentionally confused his code… that’s just the nature of the beast when working in Excel. Ugh.
- I hate Excel.I do,however,love my secretary (an appropriate amount).altho its her fault I am lazy&have an IT skills gap!
- I wrote between 12K and 20K lines of code today. Well not me excel did most of the work. I am the worlds most inefficient code monkey.
- Just wrote an #excel formula that line-wraps 3 times. If I hadn’t written it myself, it would look like an alien language.
- Ughh comp died and excel lost half my data of the populations of the 200 countries in the world #fml
- Just found some SUMPRODUCTs in an old spreadsheet I made. SUMPRODUCT…? SUMPRODUCT..? Ah! I remember those… *wistful sigh*
- Always play to your strengths. I spent 5 minutes making charts on an excel spreadsheet and my group totally thinks I’m pulling my weight.
Share and Enjoy
Back to work after a lovely spring weekend, and some people are cringing when they open Excel. What about you? Hung over? Or Awesome?
- Burying myself in a spreadsheet, hiding from the METs playing consistently – consistently bad pitching, consistently bad clutch hitting…
- sleeeeeeeepppp – this spreadsheet was a far more complex mire of cells than I was expecting
- Created a spreadsheet and graph on my mac to chart the progress of my book – procrastination to the extreme!
- Pretty sure I need Excel training – I can barely sort by column, and WTF is a pivot table? Yes I know I’m in IT….
- Working out what books to buy with the help of a spreadsheet. I’m just that cool.
- *cringe* opening up excel. on purpose. not for client work.
- You know what’s awesome? Working on an excel worksheet all morning, and then accidentally exiting without saving it. That’s genius. :/
- I’m probably doing the nerdiest, lamest thing anyone could be doing right now: An excel spreadsheet for my Magic cards as a database. 8D
- Well work has brainwashed me to the point of I cannot decipher information that is not in the form of an Excel spreadsheet.
- I just created a colour-coded ‘new house’ spreadsheet, with formulae and everything. Man, being responsible is so time consuming…
- Problem solving, yes. Playing with MS Word or macros in Excel, no.
- woke up early to try and finish some school work…it took me 2 hours to make a graph on excel… #hungover
- High-fives and shouts of joy as we set up Excel sales reports with conditional formulas…and they work. #nerdalert
- All done voting. Heading back to work now ? Excel is my lover for the day, we shall make sweet spreadsheets together #sexy #donthate
- My work from home plan mildly failed because I forgot I have Excel 2007 and I barely know how to use it. #FAIL
- Curse these arrays. They reject variable cell addresses. If I were Ricardo Montalban I would say they task me. #excel #arrays #Khan!
- Great day today, dog sit, work on excel, yanks vs sox, masters, spurs, then watching james kirkland box tonight! Holler!
- trying to do some simple analyses on some data for my latest assignment – When exactly does Microsoft Excel ever actually #excel?
Share and Enjoy
Unlike Marshall’s company, we don’t have a graphics department. But if we had one, they could work on the Zombie Apocalypse prediction charts.
- I hate it when info for a spreadsheet is plopped in my lap at the last second, and i’m told to "make sense of all this".
- Excel – you are rubbish, I mean total rubbish! There was no problem saving the file, so why does it take 4 PCs & 6 reboots to open it?
- Always seem to shut my laptop down and find zillions of leftover text files with Excel formulae or code snippets… Am I the only one?!
- decided to come into work to help my boss catch up on things…bad move. now im trapped here doing excel work.
- Would be surprised if one day I get "Excel Services can’t render workbook because the spreadsheet was created in excel" #Failed
- My new workbook in Excel is Book76. I haven’t closed Excel in awhile.
- This is a ‘sit in the park and eat ice cream’ afternoon, not a ‘sit in the office and fight with Excel’ one.
- I’m surrounded by 3 monitors of excel with recursive pivot tables trying to predict the Zombie Apocalypse.
- Just got done with an excel mind puzzle at work. Learned 5 new formulas today!
- i’m breaking down the structure of parks and rec scripts. i make crazy color coded charts in excel. does anyone else do this?
- i just figured out how to make Pie Charts in Excel. i feel like Marshall on HIMYM. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaIGSOvjYec
- what is so hard about filling out a PREMADE excel spreadsheet? i mean REALLY people… #really
- Surprisingly, there were no results for the Google search "excel is from hades". Hmm. #excel
- I just figured out a simple ‘adjacent tile’ algorithm for my assignment, but using Excel to work with. I think I need to be slapped.
- It’s funny what software people use sometimes. I’ve never seen a website designed in MS Excel before
- #Wisconsin, good thing that the spreadsheet was in Excel 2007! If it’s wrong it’s wrong doesn’t matter the Excel version! :s
- I would be lying if I said I didn’t judge auditors by their use of comment boxes, merged cells, or text boxes. #excel #auditors
- You know where you’re talking to someone and you think ‘can you get any more boring?’… I don’t care about your spreadsheet problems!
- I just lost my pivot table virginity!!!
Share and Enjoy