If you take too many naps while using Excel, you’ll never level up. Stay awake, and don’t leave those charts in the default colours!
- I have no motivation to do this excel work today. Maybe tomorrow
- I’ve been running on a treadmill of bugs coming from a code base written before my time.. in… Excel VBA… This is exhausting #programming
- Why don’t parents just force their kids to work on excel spreadsheets when they want them to fall asleep? Works for me every time…
- the way my boss explains items on an excel sheet is like she is teaching a computer class at the local senior citizens center. #workfail
- Hell: Where sinners are made to forcibly work with bug ridden packages like excel all day/nite long
- Only one hour of work they said. I’ve been busy for three hours. Excel hates me.
- That #grownup feeling you get when your Excel spreadsheet formatting works #likeaboss. Dang I need to do something young and stupid quick
- I’m so proud of the complicated excel graph I just made I may just Instagram it
- I just leveled up in Excel – learning how to create control charts moved me from Excelorator to Excellent!
- My boss is trying to create a formula on excel and he just got annoyed and said: "How is £4 minus 10%… The 3rd of January?"
- Questioning physics and life as I stare at excel trying to figure out how to make my graph work #nothappening
- One of my favorite things about work is old people debating on whether or not they did the right thing in Excel.
- As much as we bag on excel, I think a lot of corporate America could save a lot of money if they just learned how to use a pivot table.
- You’ve got to be kidding me. Charts in Excel 2013 do not maintain full integrity in Excel 2010. Let hours of pointless doublework commence.
- Biggest disappointment of the day: Finding out that the cool tricks I learned in Excel wont work at work because it’s MS Office 2003.
- Remember when I thought a pivot table was a piece of upholstery?
- Boss sent an excel doc. He’s now sending me names individually to input and then send it back. How’s this ANY easier than doing it himself?
- Hush, you. Keep this up and you’ll remove the best indicator of poor data analysis: a bar graph in Excel’s default colors.
Share and Enjoy
You’d better brush up on Excel, so you’ll look like a genius. Otherwise, your family could be torn apart, and the dog’s weight could skyrocket. Oh, and you might end up as a stripper.
- A pivot table saves the day once again. And I get to look like a genius.
- Sad when the highlight of your night is when you learn how to switch between tabs in an Excel workbook…
- now my boss and his bro the IT guy are fighting about how to use microsoft excel. i hope you are happy microsoft. TEARING A FAMILY APART!!!
- My colleague is using a calculator to work out sums and putting the answers into excel. Yes, this is the level of idiocy I work with :-/
- Why am I learning how to make stupid applications on excel. How is this going to help me in life.
- Can’t believe I just voluntarily played with Excel for 45 mins. And still didn’t manage to chart the dog’s weight. Grr. #senileoldbat
- Sends boss huge excel file. Only looks at first tab. Asks me to send those cool charts I have on my computer. Why do I even bother?
- So much Excel work so little time
- My boss just told me to "brush up on Excel". So tomorrow should be fun
- I think I’ve crossed some kind of nerd threshold. I’m starting to get really excited when I open an awesome Excel pivot table.
- I just changed some Visual Basic code in Excel and it didn’t crash! Y’all don’t know how excited that makes me!
- Excel, it’s not going to work out between us. It’s not me, it’s you. YOU DIFFICULT PROGRAM.
- On the contrary, a pleasant interlude from the nightmare of Excel pivot charts :0)
- "In Excel, your worksheet is the sheet in which you work." ARE YOU KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW
- Internet went down at work. Had to use a book to search for an Excel function #oldschool
- 4 years of Engineering and they don’t teach you the thing you need the most at work, MS EXCEL.
- You might argue that maybe Excel should have mechanisms to avoid the tanking of 10+ hours work by a well meaning fool.
- I’ll be forced to quit school and become a stripper because I don’t know how to work excel and I’m a failure.
Share and Enjoy
Were you supposed to delete all those cells? Will your co-worker delete all your Excel changes? Is a spreadsheet the answer to any problem?
- Took an entire class on excel back in the day and now it’s like I’m trying to decipher the da vinci code
- Ha just spent two hours on excel making charts to find I used the wrong numbers I HATE MATH AND TECHNOLOGY
- I wonder if my co-worker will save over all of my work on the shared Excel spreadsheet again today.
- The best way to hide something in plain sight is to create another workbook in Excel.
- Helping wife with excel charts at dinner table, now that’s romance
- Today’s work is brought to you by the excel function COUNTIFS and the number *crunch*
- I don’t want to brag, but I make a mean pivot table.
- If you would just listen to the professor you wouldn’t be asking such stupid questions. It’s not hard to graph in excel. Pay attention.
- If anyone is curious how to turn a 400kb excel document into a 12,000kb workbook with a single macro, hit me up.
- How does an ordinary human being work on excel on a laptop. What am I missing.
- The majority of time I spend writing post-labs is dedicated to formatting charts in Excel. ????
- Emily’s thoughts during work: I hope I was supposed to delete all those cells on excel… #didijustgetfired ?
- hypothetically, if you had told someone you could do a pivot table but you couldn’t, how would you learn? In say, an hour?
- Excel conditional formatting. For when you can’t be arsed to work out which number is larger by reading them
- The image in my mind the first time I heard the term “pivot table” is far more exciting than struggling with the real thing.
- 49-year-old me is too stupid to make the chart she wants in Excel. 28-year-old me looks on in disgust. I have become Management.
- My boss’s answer to ANY problem is to somehow make an excel spreadsheet that miraclulously fixes it.
- Hallpppp, I can’t figure out my Pivot Table this morning. I thought I was like the Lord of Excel until this morning. #pathetic #strugglebus
Share and Enjoy
Happy Valentine’s Day! I hope you’re spending time with the love of your life – Excel. Did you remember to buy a gift for your favourite function, and a a bouquet for that awesome pivot table?
- Excel needs a turbo button for processor-intense functions. Doesn’t need to work…I’d just feel better if I could press a button.
- Microsoft doesn’t get a lot of love, but I gotta say Excel is a marvelous piece of work.
- I don’t mean to brag, but it only took me 25 minutes to build a simple line graph in Excel just now.
- Been staring at this Excel code for over two hours. One line of it. Yup, this is usually how it works, huh?
- Someone at work asked me what my favorite excel function is…. Sad part is I actually have one
- Some people do crossword puzzles to relax… I write Excel VBA Code and build dynamic Excel Dashboards. LOL
- There are very few things that make me angry enough to put my fist through a wall, but Excel hanging after 45 minutes of work does it.
- I just lost ALL my work coz Excel randomly re-started .. All my winter projections, gone! I am on twitter instead of re-doing it:((
- Yes excel, please crash at 530, taking my last 2 hours of work with you, and then please refuse to autorecover my work…
- My saving grace is that I can listen to music at work! Imagine looking at thousands of rows of excel in dead silence. #itllmakeyougocrazy ??
- Stop what you’re doing. I just made a graph in excel with minimal help!!!! Unbelievable scenes
- Making charts on excel is harder than the rest of the formal lab put together
- Beginning to think Microsoft Excel was created to test patience and weed out people not meant for the grind #fml #corporateamericasucks
- dad: “yeah let’s do that! that’ll be fun!” mom: “what go sleigh riding?!” dad: “no, making a pivot table!!” #whereigetitfrom
- Googling “I overprotected an excel workbook” because you can’t figure out how to undo it. #postgradproblems #dataproblems
- My boss told me I had Excel face. It’s like bitchy resting face but happens after staring at a spreadsheet for over 5 hours.
- Every time i try to get something at work done excel decides to “not respond” ??
- my computer skills class should really be listed as “how to make heinously tacky excel charts 101″
- I won’t feel safe until there’s at least one pivot table.
Share and Enjoy
Even if you didn’t major in Excel, a pivot table can change your life forever. And Excel charts can make you dance.
- You would think after years of looking up how to make a graph on Excel I would remember how one of these time. #Nope
- I’m converting everything to Excel because I want to work smarter and not harder.
- Last night I had cookies. Today I have a brand new excel sheet to work on. Today will be a good day.
- Petition to swap Excel for Lego at work. "I made you a spreadsheet; it has 2,367 pieces"
- once had 20min conv with th’ol’man re Excel, turned out he just had to widen column. Was asked same thing in work today… #scauseconfusion!
- Who knew cracking an excel password was so easy, few lines of code then Bam! College computing taught me something after all
- Saw a grown man make an Excel chart and then dance like he was "raising the roof" tonight. #celebratorybarcharts #proudclassmate
- Today’s lesson: if you ask Excel to calculate and graph every cell from 1 to infinity, there’s a very good chance it will crash on you
- Microsoft Excel’s favorite prank: Waiting until I’m trying to close down and get out between downpours and freezing so I can’t save my work.
- I can’t wait to get home from work so I can play with excel till the last hours of the morning… #Igetthegeekinessfrommysupercooldad
- I just learned how to do a pivot table in Excel and my life is forever changed. #nerdalert
- Can’t believe I made an excel formula to basically do my job for me and nobody has even clicked on. Chilled like a boss #paidtolookpretty
- I don’t know why I expected to be doing actual work with insurance related things when I graduated. Should’ve majored in Excel.
- Excel has 17 billion cells/sheet. Who was working and was like "ugh this is way to small. Can we make it like 16 billion? that should work"
- Curing work fatigue by matching the colour scheme of my excel file with my outfit colour.
- I can’t get my nested IF formula to work so I’m going home!! #excel
- Anyone else ever just open an excel file and tap the direction keys to make it look & sounds like work?!? #officeTweet
- my mom was a financial analyst for years so i assumed she knew how to use excel to make charts and things but nope. "I was before computers"
Share and Enjoy
Don’t let Excel cut into your nap time, and don’t fall for its pickup lines. Before you know it, you’ll find yourself in a café, making charts.
- I could be sleeping or watching netflix, but no I’m learning how to work excel.
- When did they change Excel so that making a pie chart is more excruciating than standing on lego?
- New boss just asked me if I was any good at Excel. Not sure if should feign ignorance on this one
- Completed 1st #Excel course at work yesterday & already feel like the #HarryPotter of Excel. Accio data validation! Wingardium pivot table!
- "The Excel baseline" to me is the true test of a business application’s usability. Do users prefer to work in Excel over your software?
- Professor said "use a pivot table" and I started having internship PTSD. #thestruggle
- Today I taught a physio how to refresh a pivot table. This will apparently revolutionise how patient reviews are managed. #infointoaction
- Have I mentioned that I once took 8hrs to draw up a chart on excel? I was sweating and all by the end of it but it was perfect.
- My long-term love affair with Excel is being jeopardised by attempts to create a box-and-whisker chart #wrongtoolsforthejob
- Hey people at work: why are you so terrible at filling out an excel spreadsheet correctly?! Fixing other people’s data problems since 2012.
- Still cracks me up when Excel says "Wow, that’s a big workbook" like it’s coming onto me
- If you are a data nerd, you already know Excel sucks and should have a work around. Otherwise, you aren’t a data nerd. #nerd
- Doing a gantt chart is easy. Unless you’re doing it on excel. And you don’t know how to use excel. Then its a nightmare.
- Prof just said "if you don’t show work and use excel instead, even though it might take you less time, you will get 50%" That makes sense
- In a cafe, making Excel charts. You? ; )
- Geeky moment here but I just got my first Macro on Excel to work! BOOM
- Did you know that by Day 3 in a migraine, Excel becomes actually three-dimensional? You should SEE this pie chart I just made vibrate.
- Numbers is a spreadsheet for people who don’t like spreadsheets in same way that not having a car is a car for people who don’t like cars
- Hey guy next to me, no I don’t think it’s cute that you don’t know how to create a graph on Excel. Being stupid is NOT cute.
Share and Enjoy
Would your younger self be proud of how much you know about Excel? Or would your younger self think your life is a horror movie?
- "Son, prepare a spreadsheet with the chores you’ve done and create a pivot table to compare chore time vs homework time." Business Dad
- Omg I didn’t pay attention in class yesterday and now were building charts in excel and I don’t understand anything.
- After finding 7 mistakes in my boss’ excel spreadsheet, I’m thinking of sending an editing invoice. Yeah, that’ll go over well.
- i honestly don’t understand what some people do to data in Excel that makes it impossible for the next person (me) to be able to work on it.
- If your struggling with creating an excel workbook you should not be in business school
- ”I’m good at this picture crap” – stepdad creating charts on excel. Lol #WhenOldPeopleDoTechnology
- I am in report heaven. Best type of work day – Excel, pencil & a highlighter. #supernerdatwork
- I also noted that Excel spreadsheets don’t support emoticons.
- I just renamed my budget worksheet in Excel to "yikes" if that gives you any indication of how much I overspent in December. #BAB
- Just dragged a sheet from one excel workbook to another. It worked. That’s my Friday. #nerd
- I’ll tell you this: there is absolutely nothing quite like mindless Excel-filled code-sending drudgery to start the morning. Ack!
- My secondary monitor at work has some burn in from excel constantly being open. This is going to bug me, now that I know it’s there.
- Just closed the excel workbook I’ve spent all day on without saving it! Only just discovered you can restore accidentally unsaved work! #YES
- If only this stuff were done in code and not Excel’s muddle of WYSIWYG, wizards, and macros, we could just friggin’ sort(func()) and—ta-da!
- Excel…. You clear the clipboard buffer for random and stupid reasons and I hate you…. That is all
- my younger self is embarrassed at my current LACK of excel knowledge….#spss #pivottable #charts
- Writing a horror screenplay. So far I only have the title: "Boss Just Asked Me to Prepare an Excel Spreadsheet."
- today is my first day of work and in order to get hired I had to lie and say I was very good at Microsoft Excel….wish me luck
Share and Enjoy
All the cool kids are hooking up their laptops to their televisions, so they can watch waterfall chart tutorials on YouTube.
- Getting a convoluted excel formula to actually work is strangely satisfying.
- For future reference Excel, I am ALWAYS sure I want to keep the workbook in this format.
- Most of my dates come from women witnessing the fluidity and effortless efficiency of my excel work
- Told my boss I was a pro at excel. (I am not a pro at excel.)
- just used the Visual Basic Editor to make 11 copies of an excel worksheet in a workbook *flexes muscles*
- People at work keep confusing "programming" with "using the basic utilization of excel"
- How can Excel make labeling a chart seem like rocket science? #ihatemicrosoft #stillconfused
- Oh screw you, you long-winded Excel worksheet. Just sitting there and judging me like you’re all that.
- I just got really excited bc I realized I can hook up my work laptop to my tv at home to look at Excel spreadsheets.
- finished my big excel project at work only to accidentally click "do not save." i am so angry i have cycled back around to weirdly calm.
- Would totally bet all the cool kids are going to @YouTube to view videos on how to create a waterfall chart in excel like I just did.
- If anything will bring me to tears at work, it’s losing a wksheet I spent 3 hours on because excel crashed & I’m too stupid to click save.
- Can’t figure out this pivot table nonsense… And I can’t throw my laptop at the wall. Life is full of #barriers
- How much fun is waking up at 2am thinking about solving a stupid formula problem in excel
- One day you feel like an Excel genius and the very next day a stupid space in between letters give you so much trouble
- Making it look like you’re working hard on a spreadsheet with a half completed pivot table is the best way to get people to leave you alone
- just learned how to use a pivot table.. im gonna be 15% more efficient now!! #nerdalert
- Excel has told me I have a ‘significant loss in functionality’ I think this is secret code for ‘you’re being useless, go & drink some wine’
Share and Enjoy
It’s okay to have the occasional snack at your desk, but even the 8th graders know that you should keep the exploding donut charts away from the onion dip.
- Doing some number crunching at work. And by number crunching I mean copy and pasting into Excel.
- When excel insists on freezing, due to the size of my workbook, it really brings my homicidal tendencies to the surface
- My boss knew something about #Excel that I didn’t… I have failed at life and brought dishonor to my family ?? #Sulking #Fail
- green tea, daft punk, and epic excel charts. sometimes you just have to power through #mondays.
- Highly considering doing an excel chart of my burrito consumption for 2014 #doitforscience
- The second I get a research task at work, I open Excel and make that table of research look pretty. They’re lucky i’m not adding wordart.
- Leaving a ‘space’ in number when trying to work out a calculation in #excel will lead to hours of frustration. #facepalm
- Making an Excel graph is special because no matter how many times you look up how to do it, you will ALWAYS forget again.
- Accidentally opened Excel and my laptop had a fit because it thought I was going to do some work… False Alarm.
- my 8th graders are using excel to track science data in school. changing visuals. SO proud of my son: "the pie chart is worthless" yes. yes.
- Does the person that wrote the code that causes MS Excel to arbitrarily change numbers to a date still work there? Why oh why oh WHY!
- My son is learning to use Excel in school. His assignment? Create a 3D pie chart. I’ll have a word with the teacher.
- Today I spent a significant portion of my day hijacking and rewriting code for Excel’s Cut, Copy and Paste functions. Because I hate myself.
- Listening to dark techno at work makes me feel like the fate of the world rests on me completing these Excel spreadsheets
- Journey’s "Faithfully" just came on Pandora at work and these Excel spreadsheet updates JUST GOT EPIC.
- My favorite Excel chart type is exploded donut. Fun to say and even more fun to make.
- I used to be in a band called We Can’t Use Excel. We never made the charts. #iwasinaband
- I used up 99% of my CPU running a pivot table in excel and it’s not even noon. #whathaveyoudonetoday
- Tonight I learned that the answer to my Excel pivot table problem does not lie at the bottom of a bowl of onion dip. The more you know.
Share and Enjoy
Are you glad to be back at work after the holidays, and using spreadsheets again? Pace yourself though – don’t make too many charts or pivot tables on your first day back.
- Throwing my name in the ring for employee of the month after using a VLOOKUP & a pivot table within 12 hours of a holiday.
- The first work day every January when I have to set up new spreadsheets and have to use Excel help because I forgot how to format the cells!
- Me and Excel just do not get along. I keep getting error messages every time I attempt to change a code. ??????
- Strangely, I missed being at work. Was good to be back… Even if I did only get to look at Excel Spreadsheets
- The most exciting thing I’ve done today is create a pivot table for the first time. Just a tad depressing.
- Make a chart in Excel to zest it up a bit.
- I’ve got my graph on excel but I’m not even sure if it’s right! #idontcareanymore #ihategeography
- That metallic, grinding sound you’re hearing is my MacBook Air attempting to open a 6MB Excel Macro-Enabled Workbook … with OpenOffice.
- After having to Google “How to create a graph in Excel” I have come to the conclusion that I am truly hopeless with technology.
- Tomorrow’s work goal: code this excel book to auto update all 9 billion charts when I dump end of year data in jan and still leave by 5pm
- Charts sound super handy, and I can see Excel being good for that.
- I dunno, nothing says ‘i love you’ like a pivot table.
- I am SHOCKED to discover that a lobbyist would put out a 3D pie chart. They are Excel’s built-in “lie” function.
- Shared Christmas dinner with the inventor of the pivot table yesterday. Impressed.
- My silly work still uses Excel 2003. Some have upgraded to 2010, it just took me minutes to find how to conditional format. I feel old.
- Work today: copy numbers from one Excel spreadsheet to another for a study I’m doing. No, I can’t automate it. Lucky I got a PhD!
- I suggest everyone learn to code something, even if it is Visual Basic for Applications or an Excel spreadsheet. I’m learning R now.
- I know I say it every year but this year is going to be the year of the pivot table for me.
Share and Enjoy