What a coincidence! There is an “Excel at the theatre” tweet in this week’s twitter post, here at the Excel Theatre blog. Have a steaming cup of coffee, and see if you can find that tweet.
- you know what Excel. You win for right now. I give up trying to fix these charts
- I have gone spreadsheet crazy trying to figure out my summer budget, including the possibility of a move. Two Words: #ColorCoded Not Joking!
- Went to see "The Reluctant Fundamentalist" and loved it highly recommended. My only problem was a flashback to 2003 had Excel 07 on a laptop
- Excel, thank you for being the default program for CSV files. You really bridge the gap between lazy developers and stupid salespeople. #fb
- Not a fan of Excel all the time, but whoever created the ability to create and play with a pivot table is a genius. #emchat
- I’ve just created a spreadsheet with sums, counts, averages AND charts. I’m both sickened & elated by this. #Excel
- Up pivoting excel data like a boss! #YouThoughtIDidDishes
- My voice just rose an octave in excitement about making a pivot table/chart in excel out of my pedometer data. #easilyexcited #nerd
- I can pivot table out the wazoo but VLookups escape me. I need vlookup intuition
- That moment excel decides to crash and you lose the last 17minutes of your work…the part where you wrapped everything up w a bow…#fml
- Spending the night with a large hot coffee, a script and an excel spreadsheet #techAnalysis #stagemanagerheaven #theatrelife
- is it okay if I say I think the interface to Excel charts could be improved?
- I will never be able to plot a successful graph on excel #impossible
- dad-can you enter a these forms into an excel program for me…you’ll be able to do it faster. Me-No problem. Dad-here are the 400 forms.
- I seriously feel like a genius right now because I figured out this flow chart thing for micro! And did it in excel!
- Almost made a $1.8M (to the bad) spreadsheet error on the preliminary budget. Pointed at the wrong cell. Found it before the meeting. *whew*
- All fun and games until word and excel decide to not work when I’m trying to make graphs and charts all over the place. #allgoingwrong
- Call me an Excel geek, but you know what never gets old? Clicking on a cell in a pivot table and getting the detail behind it. #alwaysawow
Share and Enjoy
Would you rather have a spreadsheet full of statistics, or one with film choices?
- Been at work 30 minutes and already locked up my Excel spreadsheet #goingtobealongday
- OMG, IS EXCEL STUPID OR STUBBORN?! stop changing my 1/3 into 1-mar!!!! i’m not typing the date!!!!!!!! :@@
- My bosses love my excel spreadsheet checks: =IF(J15<TODAY(),"error: come on old man, this isn’t Back To The Future","okay")
- Part of me expects my dekstop monitor to crack every time I tell this Excel workbook to re-calculate.
- Good news guys I fixed the code in the excel sheet I screwed up three days ago. Productive week.
- I don’t judge people by skin color or religion or gender…but I do get a little impatient if they can’t create a competent excel spreadsheet…
- My favorite ever excel formula is 33 characters too long to tweet. I love =countifs ! marvelous discovery for me
- Blowers. A brew. A massive excel spreadsheet full of statistics. Absolute bliss.
- "Finance people love Excel. If you give them data in JPEG, they’ll find a way to get it into Excel." #sapphirenow #BI #truestory
- This excel spreadsheet is possessed!
- My boss towards Excel: "what do you mean ‘N/A’?!? I hate you ‘N/A’!!!!!"
- Is there any freaking reason other than perversity why it’s so hard to lock cells in an Excel worksheet?
- Film night with my husband’s work colleagues. Just been emailed a spreadsheet of possible viewing choices. That’s scientists for you!
- My Boss recently completed ‘Excel for Dummies". Now, the rest of us are reading "The Dummy Unleashed."
- I am so bad at using Excel that I need to finish up the pie-chart using Photoshop. Why isn’t the title showing?!
- I just created my first pivot table in Excel. In related news, one of my tattoos just said "eff this noise" and left for someone cool.
- This is honestly a sentence I never thought I’d say… I love pivot tables #excel #whoamI
- I think I’m coming down with Spreadsheet Madness. #officediseases
Share and Enjoy
You might have to wait 20 minutes or 20 years, or go Back to the Future with Biff, eventually something exciting will happen in Excel.
- This excel spreadsheet can do formulas I don’t understand. Not long until the robots take over.
- "Minor loss of fidelity" reports MS Excel… as long as my spreadsheet works, I don’t care what it gets up to after hours.
- Solved the Excel problem on the train with a little help from Daft Punk. Feel like an absolute champion, nobody here to celebrate with.
- Would like to thank my pivot table for counting the data rather than adding it together for the last 3 months. #excelrelatedrage
- Excel, if you’re going to lock up my whole computer while you run a 20 minute long script, at least have the decency to work first time!
- How about instead of "pivot table field name is not valid" say "rename your columns". This simple fix is nowhere to be found on MS site
- I am the smartest man alive! After using Excel for 20+ years, I finally learned how to scale a large worksheet to fit on one printed page.
- That chill down ur spine when Excel prompts "Wanna save changes to this spreadsheet" and u could swear u didnt make any changes! #banking
- Spending my night with excel…pivoting away. #work
- Hmm…my code just threw a BiffException. I’m picturing 1955 Biff telling my Excel file to make like a tree and get out of here
- I wonder if you can get an electronic picture frame that shows tabs of an excel spreadsheet.
- And as I arrive to row 984 of an Excel spreadsheet, Spotify shifts to "I Can’t Make You Love Me" and the office AC crescendos
- I don’t even know if excel is the best way to do this. It’s what my boss wants – I’m not an excel wizard and Google isn’t helping.
- there is no way an excel spreadsheet will put a smile like that on your face. just sayin.
- Which one of you nerd–I mean good people can help me with an Excel problem? This is time sensitive.
- Dinner (toast w/peanut butter) and a spreadsheet. Yep that’s how I roll #jealous?
- Things you learn at 2 am- you can identify brain regions that aid in the production of anxiety but can’t work excel. #finals
- In other news, Excel class was cancelled today. No hope of me making any complicated pivot tables tonight. I know you’re disappointed.
Share and Enjoy
If you can crash Excel with 1000 lines of data, what will happen if you use 5465485213214 functions? Maybe Google knows.
- work went well =3= aside for falling prey to the old hide workbook vs hide cell mistake in excel and having a heart attack for a full minute
- Just pulling tons of data today. Feel like I should be eating lunch on a pivot table. #nerdjoke #notfunny #losingmymind #TGIT
- Solved an excel problem that was bothering me forever. Deans leadership award. Bills season tickets. BEST DAY EVER.
- Stupidly tried using Excel Help to find out how to do something to a workbook. Quickly realised should have just gone to Google.
- Just spent close to an hour creating an excel worksheet to calculate different final grade scenarios… instead of studying
- Considering the amount of time I have spent on this Excel workbook, best believe I am locking each and every single sheet individually!
- During a phone interview….she ask "Do you knw what a pivot table is?" I said "Hold on let me look that up online."
- i can’t plot a scatter chart in excel without yelling ‘SCATTERRRRRR’ as i click insert chart and it’s starting to become a problem
- I just want to find duplicates in Excel. You have to perform no less than 5465485213214 functions to do this. Stupid, stupid program.
- Quite proud of the beautiful excel spreadsheet I created to keep track of my office hockey pool #justsayin
- I’ve fallen into the horrific bracket of people who look you straight in the eye and say "Oh, I do love a good Excel spreadsheet."#adminnerd
- Had a strange dream with an exorcist. Also an excel spreadsheet. Both were equally frightening!! #nightmares
- I just spent 1 hour of my life, looking for an error in a formula in Excel. The moron had a space before the decimal point in a number #FML
- I crashed Excel trying to graph over 1000 lines of data. I feel weirdly accomplished.
- why is the #powerpivot ‘stop import’ button positioned just in the same place as the ‘finish’ button? #usability
- I’ll spend 20 minutes formatting an excel document instead of actually doing the work #Procrastination
- After drawing 4 graphs on excel, I THINK I DESERVE A BREAK.
- Hah! I accidentally made a pivot table do exactly what I wanted! I am the luckiest in the office, oh yes I am :buys lottery ticket:
Share and Enjoy
Nap or spreadsheet? That is the question. Maybe 2500 popup messages, and a bit of rap, will wake you up.
- Yesterday I watched 5 people huddle around a computer for 40 minutes trying to make a graph using Microsoft word because excel was too hard.
- Problem with a big lunch is you feel like taking a nap straight after. Good thing I’ve got something exciting to do like staring at excel..
- One of my favourite things about Excel 2013 is that a new file now contains a logical 1 worksheet by default rather than an arbitrary 3.
- Nap or continue my excel spreadsheet? I’m leaning towards a nap.
- I learned more about excel in the last week week (by building an epic workbook) than I did in the last ten years. Still hate excel, though.
- The Treaty of Versailles is basically all I learnt in high school. Oh and how to make a spreadsheet
- Sometimes, when I hit the Wrap Text tab in Microsoft Excel, I rap the text in my head. Most of the time, it doesnt work, but when it does..
- Life can be explained In a 2×2 cross tab, 4 quadrants, 5 slides and a pivot table.
- Learning pivot tables in MS Excel easily makes me more powerful than Batman
- They’re talking about a coding error in excel as if it’s possible to code in excel.
- Today the Excel sheet seems melancholy, somehow. Listening to the soundtrack to Amélie as I work to fill its millions of empty cells.
- Fun fact: an excel document can hold exactly 1,048,576 rows. Unfun fact: I’ve had to sift through 5 full spreadsheets today #fml
- Finally figured out an excel problem that I have been stuck on for two days. I feel like a genius
- Attempting to write a code in excel and I accidentally made 2500 message boxes pop up at once **** #COBproblems
- i didn´t even know excel spreadsheets could be this horrifying. so much formatting. so many sheets in one workbook.
- Big boss just recommended everyone to find me if they need help with excel or minitab. There goes my peace. -.-
- There’s major problems with everyone I work with when I’m the number one problem solver in the office. I don’t even know how to work excel
- I’m starting a new street crew. Looking for a place to get leather and/or denim jackets in bulk & also a guy who knows how to work Excel.
Share and Enjoy
Did Mr. Rogers teach you how to make pie charts? Probably not, but he can still make you feel better when things go wrong in Excel. Remember – you are special!
- boss just called my excel project the "Model-T" of spreadsheets. not a compliment.
- I’m rich! I’m rich! I’m rich! Wait. Never mind. Stupid Excel.
- Just used my first Excel Macro. Like a boss. A nerdy boss who spends too much time on doing data entry.
- Nerding out hardcore over the pivot table shenanigans I just pulled. Data!
- I was going to attempt to drink less coffee, but then I had to work on an Excel spreadsheet.
- My dad is seriously making me make an excel spreadsheet with graphs and charts on why I should get an iPhone..
- I’m wearing a Mr. Rogers shirt. It’s the only thing stopping me from crying while doing this stupid excel science project.
- Today I reached a new low, not just staying at wrk ’till 8pm, but being really happy I did an awesome excel chart. What have I become?!
- When your PhD friends are out saving the world and you’re like, "I know what a pivot table is." #excelninja #publicaccounting
- Code something difficult, no one cares. Make an excel spreadsheet look pretty "wow, what amazing work you’ve done!" #MathMajorProblems
- I always knew Excel graphs would be the death of me. always.
- Daughter came home from 2nd grade & showed me how to create a pie chart using Excel. Man, things have changed. I only played Oregon Trail.
- I always thought excel is easy, until boss asks me to create a formula. ??!!
- When will we get The Great British Spreadsheet Bee? One and a half hours to create a pivot table with a graph?
- my boss asks me to go into his office 3x per day so he can show me how he’s finally "figured out" excel …
- I’ve never felt this computer illiterate in my life.. Stupid Excel.
- You know you’re in trouble when you’ve forgotten how to make line graphs on Excel and need to watch tutorials …
- Why hello Excel. Prepare to be 0wned! Not on a pivot table level or anything. More on like a what a marketer can do level. Like sorting.
Share and Enjoy
Just sit there and look good. If you create a pivot table, it might cause an earthquake. Or a rainbow.
- im going to sit here and cry until all 5 million of these excel graphs fix themselves #productive
- A days worth of excel training and now I can colour code sheets! #rainbows
- My Excel skills are laughably bad. Charts? Graphs? Formulas? Goooood joke
- Working in an office is mostly figuring out how to toggle between Gchat and Microsoft Excel without your boss noticing.
- And for the record, a "pdf spreadsheet" is not a thing.
- Just said circular reference warning in public. Only people who know excel know what I mean #FML
- I am having a pivot table melt down, this is not how i saw my life
- Leslie has started a spreadsheet where she records what we eat each night and what we liked about it.
- Got to share my story as well.. While inserting the pivot table in my report suddenly an earthquake!!! booooom!!!
- I thought I was a boss at Excel. Today I met a god.
- As a teen I use to think excel can process huge volume of data Now I can say Descent volume of data Filter Pivot n Excel cries like a baby
- Have now written the same chunk of code three times ‘cos Excel is throwing a hissy fit when I try to save. (
- My boss: "You don’t need to be messing around in Excel." Brill, I’ll just sit here and look good
- I’ve done nothing but listen to Black Sabbath at work today. This Excel sheet is brought to you by Satan.
- Excel said it can’t execute code while in break mode. I don’t understand – We use robots because they don’t get breaks! Or overtime
- OOH! I get to go to 2 days of Excel training for work! This is the most excited I’ve been about a work related thing since…well, ever.
- the only benefit from my computer class in high school is that my 60+ aged boss thinks what I do is perfect. #excel
- Me and every interaction with excel: "Oops. Maybe if I-nope. If I click this here-nope. I don’t know how graphs work. Yes I got it! Nope"
Share and Enjoy
Macros will not explode your Excel workbooks (usually!), and they are more impressive than Lucky Charms shapes.
- Dang. Just received an #Excel workbook that puts all mine to shame. #funwithdata #nerdalicious
- The highlight of my day was finding an Excel shortcut that saved me hours of work. Nerdy? I don’t care.
- Nothing screams wild like a holiday itinerary via the art of an excel spreadsheet. Yup, I just went there…
- There are 4 files under my "Open Recent" tab in Excel: 2 bachelor party guest lists, the bball scholarship chart andd the Big33 OH roster.
- Breaking my head with Pivot table and macros. I managed a B- or C+ the excel modelling paper copying from the next fella
- Ah, hello default Excel chart palette in a paper I’m reviewing. Is there a macro to change data points to Lucky Charms shapes?
- Transferring an excel data chart into word w/o grid lines. ‘When in doubt, white it out’.
- Hey guys did you know that staring at excel spreadsheets for hours takes away your ability to count and do simple math? #FML
- On an Excel course. Always been taught to be scared of macros and using them would blow up your workbook. But they aren’t!
- My boss is the type to have 4 different fonts, sizes, alignment, etc on an excel chart for no reason. It drives me insane.
- Why can’t excel just do what I want it to? It’s like I’m the mom and it’s my stupid, good for nothing, hormonal, teenage daughter.
- A week later, Pivot table still not done despite reading Excel for dummies religiously. On the plus side, I love working nights.
- Microsoft Excel: where your dreams are crushed into easy-to-organize cells, charts, graphs, etc.
- When I close my eyes to sleep I have an excel spreadsheet burned into my vision… thats normal right?
- There should be an international holiday dedicated to the Excel Pivot Table
- “An Excel spreadsheet is probably the best way to store this information.” – OLD people
- 13 years breaking complex applications; never impressed my boss. Today I made a pivot table in Excel and he thinks I’m a goddamned genius.
- Why is my Dad telling me I should learn how to do graphs on excel in my spare time?? #thanksbutnothanks ****
Share and Enjoy
Maybe you should watch March Madness, instead of changing the formats in that Excel file. That might prevent people from getting steamed.
- No dad I’m not gonna do the spreadsheet now, I’ll do it later.
- When you have to tell yourself to be smarter than the spreadsheet you created it is time for more coffee
- Looking forward to working through a massive risk prediction spreadsheet today. Just how more exciting can it get?
- Is that spreadsheet you are working on gonna create or destroy jobs?
- My morning so far consists of pretty snow and warming latte. Could just do without the spreadsheet bit!
- I’m stuck in an Excel Lunch and Learn at work – SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!
- Cheers to the idiots that thought changing the format of their excel sheets was a good idea. Now my formulas don’t work. Waaa!
- literally every time I open a new Excel spreadsheet I type "WHERE YOU AT? HOLLA WHEN YOU GET THIS" in A1
- *creates an intricate excel spreadsheet w highly specific procedural formulae for a video game* *is still unable to create a monthly budget*
- Today is the last day of my life spent not owning a steamer and I’m filling in an Excel spreadsheet with things I am planning on steaming.
- Every cell in a spreadsheet is a window into relationship. Excel is THE magic grid. #research #segmentation #context
- When your two wide-screen monitors still aren’t wide enough to fit your whole Excel spreadsheet, #eatchocolates
- sent boyf a list of adventures and restaurants to try. he is going to love receiving something excel related from me. #dorkcouple
- I don’t know about you but right now I just want to work on an Excel spreadsheet
- Is having an excel spreadsheet for your holiday a little sad?! Or just being organised? #saddo
- At a coffee shop eavesdropping, someone is explaining how they have no idea how to create a spreadsheet in excel. Facepalm.
- Spending my night with the ever so lovely Excel Spreadsheet
- I wish I was watching March Madness, instead I’m putting together a pivot table in excel.
Share and Enjoy