Of course you need a pivot table to track your Christmas spending! Every Excel fanboy and English major knows that.
- The day I discovered that you can add color to your worksheet tabs in Excel was the day no file was safe. COLOR CODE EVERYTHING
- About to graduate Rutgers and still having trouble making a bar chart on excel
- Someone’s just said something so lovely to me that it made my pivot table go all blurry.
- My Ms Excel worksheets have more color in them than what my room walls have had in decades…. Just the way I work..
- I have determined that, while I am quite skilled at Excel (nested ifs, vlookup, etc), I am not yet a pivot table or array formula savant.
- I mean, unless it’s for work, who has time to be faffing about with Excel anyway?!
- My excel graph looks hideous but I DON’T CARE
- I feel like Oprah with Pivot tables today. You get a pivot table you get a pivot table everyone gets a pivot table!
- That brief moment when you know everything will be alright after you make your excel model work.
- Did I just create a pivot table to analyze my Xmas gift spending? #whennerdsshop
- he was a curious fellow, yes, it was bloody cold outside and he was doing charts in excel, on his lunch break.
- that awkward moment when you’ve been using an if(vlookup(… formula this whole time and you could have used a pivot table. #TheWorst
- Hey buddy, I’m an English major, you can’t just all of a sudden expect me to know how to add graphs, charts and excel sheets to a paper.
- The fact that my laptop shut itself off before I could save my hw was tragic. The fact that excel autosaved my work is a FINALS WEEK MIRACLE
- Don’t know what’s worse: that I’m still at work, that I’m working in Excel, or that I had to bump the display to 150% to see the damn cells.
- There is a special place in my heart* for the Microsoft people who made Excel work differently in Mac vs PC. *in hell… fiery hell..
- I actually saw the phrase “Excel fanboy” on a website today while looking up something for work.
- I finally understand the importance of Microsoft Excel. Seemed stupid when I was a kid and now it seems more useful than water #needtosleep
Share and Enjoy
You survived Thanksgiving, with a little help from Excel. Now be careful – there are spreadsheets full of sharks out there!
And Contextures is having a Black Friday Sale — get our Excel Tools add-in at 50% off with discount code CTXBF13 — until midnight Eastern time, Friday Nov. 29th.
- So far today I’ve had major arguments with an excel worksheet and a pencil. The pencil won.
- I am computer competent. You want a fancy excel worksheet I’m your girl. Hell I can even sort of partially do some programming for you
- So, you’ve come here to tell me about excel spreadsheets and you don’t know what a pivot table is? #thedooristhatway
- Is there any way to make information look less credible than using a default blue Excel chart (with two decimal places) pasted as a picture?
- If anyone knows how to use the stupid microsoft excel thing plz come help me in the library
- Just finished my Thanksgiving spreadsheet. Oven temps & time allocations, etc. over 3 worksheets + ingredient pivot table. #nerdsgiving
- Dude at work asked me how to colour a cell on Excel. Why are they allowed computers.
- Just downloaded an excel chart reporting shark incidents. This is procrastination at its finest. #WishMyDissertationWasAboutSharks
- While calling cells from another workbook on an Excel spreadsheet, I realized that laziness is the genesis of programming.
- I will get this pivot table to work. Why the data team didn’t structure the workbook into something usable in the first place I have no idea
- The lasting accomplishment of my college career will be finally learning how to create a pivot table in MS Excel.
- None of the MS excel you ever learned in school or college will ever help you in real life. Lessons of work life. #gyaan.
- I fear my pet Excel project at work has become so effective that I just eliminated a large chunk of my desk based work. #SkynetRises
- I just discovered a new excel formula combo at work. All is right in the world and tonight, I shall fiest like a king.
- I was supposed to have left work about 2 hours ago to go shopping for Thanksgiving. I JUST COULDN’T LET EXCEL WIN!
- You know you’re doing complex work on Ms Excel when the fan on your laptop is on full tilt and you can’t browse the web whilst it processes.
- My boss won’t stop swearing at this excel sheet.
- My big accomplishment today was making a graph in excel in under 5 min, compared to the 2 hrs it took me last time #progess
Share and Enjoy
Dad is at work because people who know how to use Excel are usually employed. And it’s not just the birds, or nerds, who know how to write macros.
- Ok I’m trying my best to keep a #positiveattitude. But must you color-code every damn cell in Excel??? #MUSTYOU??? ??????????
- Anyone that sends me an excel workbook with info + 2 empty sheets gets a passive aggressive screenshot of the general options sheet defaults
- relearning how to write #macros in #excel why can’t there just be universal code….
- Excel won’t open and all my work is on there. I’m going to cry.
- My boss’ comment when I show her the Excel Doc I made: "beautiful." The day I find beauty in spreadsheets is the day I’ve lost it.
- In my planning to work late I totally forgot that my brain turns to mush after 7 hours of coding and excel.
- I’m manipulating a data set so large it’s frying both cores. #fml #excel #vlookup #pivot
- people are vandalising my excel spread sheet, creating new formulas and highlighting charts
- Just taught myself how to use pivot table and VLOOKUP functions on Excel. I should be made president of the world.
- Why is my dad always at work when I need help with excel?
- watching Walking Dead while working on spreadsheets = watching someone’s head chopped off while making pivot table #multitasking
- New rule: one shouldn’t be allowed to use excel charts if you use the default template. So ugly.
- When I work in Excel for more than 2-3 hours my screen starts to get blurry. Not good.
- writing code for Excel macros is for the birds. or nerds. or both. but not for me. i need help.
- I sit beside a guy in work who doesn’t trust excel. Uses his calculator to check all its answers.
- Whenever I have to do dull, tedious work (massaging excel data for import) I can procrastinate longer than the time it takes to complete it.
- I’m forever putting numbers into my excel worksheet and getting "ERROR!" instead of actual results
- When you finally figure out how to make corect graph in Excel – it is the happiest moment of the day! )
Share and Enjoy
While Excel is busy sorting the inventory, you can climb Mount Everest, and make your charts sexier.
- I wonder if I can reprogram Excel so that when I change the size of a line graph it says ‘The plot thickens.’
- These are the kind of people I work with: even written verbal reports without data are done in Excel spreadsheets.
- Share 1 of your spreadsheets at work and people will forever line up at your desk with idiotic excel questions ??
- Sometimes when I run a macro in Excel that doesn’t work, I click "Debug" and then bang my head against the wall.
- Wednesday’s my 1-year anniversary at work. Time flies when you’re absolutely CRUSHING excel!
- So my 16 year old sister is playing in the Royal Albert Hall today and I’m colour coding Excel charts. #contrastmuch #unsuccessfulsibling
- you’ve got to be freaking kidding me. just lost all my work because excel wouldn’t save. wishing i knew more curse words.
- If you’re studying Excel and keep saying “chart sheet” you will inevitably slip up and say “shart”
- I’ve gained an exponentially greater appreciation for Excel now that I can code in it. #ChemE #nerdaccomplishments
- Ironically, one of the thing that frustrates Excel users the most is when they have work with Excel sheets that came from a non Excel users.
- Take comfort in the fact that literally nobody knows how to graph stuff in Excel #stupid
- Just been sent probably the least useful excel workbook ever. 50+ tabs (30~ were hidden) – pointless pivots and all coloured backgrounds
- This evening, I inventoried our food and wrote a piece of Excel code that puts items together to give you dinner suggestions.
- Just made my first pivot table. Next stop, Mt. Everest. #IAmWoman #DataEntry #PartyLikeAJournalist
- Just found myself on a website, "how to make your excel charts sexier". Hello, Monday.
- Dear client: Why are you doing this to me? Rows needed for data: 140. Rows in Excel worksheet: 47 967.
- Auspicious start to Monday’s productivity – Excel is hung up on a worksheet with 16k rows. This inventory isn’t gonna sort itself, ya know.
- The trouble with colour coding things is mainly forgetting what the code is. On the upshot, I have a really colourful Excel sheet.
Share and Enjoy
If it’s your first day back at work, and you’ve spent 10 hours making a pie chart, don’t throw your computer out the window. A good night’s sleep might solve the problem.
- I successfully made a line, bar, and pie graph on Excel this morning. I shouldn’t have to do anymore work today. #success
- "Microsoft Excel is trying to recover your information…" And I’m trying to not throw you out the window, work computer
- How much of a nerd am I if I just realized now that I think Excel work, table making and chart making, is actually relaxing?? #GodThatsSad
- "Nobody gets my references." – Excel sheet that’s been pasted into a new workbook
- I just taught myself to code in excel out of boredom…
- Got an excel spreadsheet from boss before reaching car so this is going to be a great vacation.
- Spent half the night trying to figure out how to graph my data in Excel. Woke up this morning and figured it out in 2 mins. ??
- Just solved an Excel macro code bug for a coworker. Yeah, I’m that tool in the office.
- Finally after about 10 hours of struggling with Microsoft Excel I have myself a pie chart for my assignment wooooo
- Silly professor I’m going to be a princess they dont need to learn to graph on excel… so can I leave???
- Then again, sometimes you spend 4 hours trying to do something with a pivot table that doesn’t work.
- When people are talking, its because they’re friends, not because they are telling each other how to make a graph on Excel
- It may look like I’m online shopping at the library, but I’m really doing a footwear price comparison spreadsheet on Excel for my boss.
- Geek alert: I just successfully developed a difficult multi-worksheet excel formula. AND my spreadsheet is also beautiful.
- Am I the only one who took 2 hours to schedule my classes and used 6 charts and 2 excel sheets? #probably #perfectionist #freak
- what sort of idiot sends a screenshot of an excel workbook asking you to use the data to perform an analysis…
- First day back at work after a week off, I’ve forgotten my network password and am in a losing battle with excel #goingwell #needcoffee
- no matter how much i smash this computer on the floor, i still can’t get my excel formulas to work #excel
Share and Enjoy
Yes, some days it feels like a Greek tragedy when you’re working in Excel. Eat a bucket of popcorn, and try to forget your pain.
- I am at that place in building a graph in excel where I am just randomly clicking stuff to see if it works. WORK.
- How do I get the lines on my Excel sheet? Aren’t they just supposed to be there? I thought that was the purpose of a spreadsheet… #fml
- All of a sudden, I think basic excel charts are actually quite nice looking. I think I may have seen on too many infographics…
- One of the directors at work called me an "Excel guru" today…but should I be proud or utterly ashamed of how pathetically geeky it sounds?
- I have been in the pivot table zone all day. At this rate, I should have all my data crunching needs sorted in approx. three years.
- I’d say my fury over losing hours of tedious, unsaved Excel work is akin to how Menelaus felt after the abduction of Helen. #worstoftimes
- Eating myself into popcorn oblivion because I don’t know how to make a graph on excel
- Excel, you suck. Editing other people’s work in excel, you suck worse. #workwhine
- Give me a pivot table long enough, and a spreadsheet on which to put it, and I could cross-tab the world!
- my classmate is asking me for help on excel and im like sis dont u realize i copied all my friend’s work
- After 15 mins deep on a excel spreadsheet I think my boss is now just typing random numbers and formulas.
- my nose is stuffed so i have to breathe through my mouth & i have to figure out how to work excel on my own. look into my eyes and know hell
- I AM AN EXCEL VBA GODDESS…oh okay, I managed to bastardise some code & write bits myself to do things I need for work. #worktweet
- One of those days where you realize that the problem with your Excel formula is glaringly obvious & stupid.
- Taught a guy in my office how to make Pie Charts on an Excel spreadsheet. It’s like I made his week. People have such sad lives. ??
- I need someone who’s a boss at using Excel to come teach me skills… Using google isn’t the same as having a good tutor…
- I just had the most ridiculous meeting in the history of meetings. "…and that is how I want you to color-code your Excel file." Seriously?
- I work hard so my children will never have to know what a pivot table is.
Share and Enjoy
Halloween is just around the corner, and Excel might be a perfect way to scare those trick-or-treaters! Just don’t let it become the “babe” of your existence.
- Yes. I just e-mail you a screenshot of my Excel workbook so you’ll have to key in the data just like I did.
- I spend more than 25% of my work day helping people with basic Excel issues who claimed to be at an Intermediate level
- I’m a bit like Mr Bean when I use Excel. My solutions work well enough, are seldom what other people would do & sometimes cause disaster.
- ooohhh…I wonder if I could put a pivot table in the window and scare the neighborhood kids? #chat2lrn
- My boss & I are planning an interpretive dance with colorful scarves to decode an Excel spread sheet. Practicing ballet in her office! #fun
- Dear MS Excel gods, please let this assignment be almost done. The amount of crap I’ve shoved into this worksheet makes me ill. Over it.
- Today it took me 2 hours, my dad’s help, about 10 YouTube tutorials and a million smacks to the face to make a graph on excel.
- A quarter of my work day is spent deciding which fill colors to use on Excel.
- Textin people that I don’t normally talk to to see if they can help with this Stupid Excel Graph..
- Microsoft excel is the babe of my existence. JUST MAKE MY GRAPH! WHY MUST YOU TORTURE ME SO!
- My favourites are Excel ninjas. Nothing says Japanese mercenary like VLOOKUP and a cheeky pivot table.
- I just got props for making a pie chart. Highlighting data and clicking pie chart on excel is obviously a complicated thing to do for some.
- Every time you say the words "pivot table" a dog doesn’t go to heaven.
- You know your job is dead end when you get an email from your boss telling you where to leave the insertion cursor in an excel file.
- Start a new worksheet, save, "compatibility check recommended!". Excel, confusing users since ever.
- Watching my little girl build a PowerPoint presentation. Really quite impressive. But let’s see her do a pivot table in Excel.
- I’m drowning in my love for Excel. I have to make this workbook extra sexy so I get more projects like this.
- Cmon excel. Just make the graph I need so I can move on with my life.
Share and Enjoy
When you’re working on your life plan charts in Excel, don’t use your phone calculator to get the totals.
- Shout-out to my high school biology teacher for showing me how to make Excel charts. I had NO CLUE how much I’d use that skill as an adult.
- Astonishing, having to explain to someone that excel docs can contain more than one worksheet. How do they get that far in life?
- After hours and hours of work, Excel just crashed on me. I think this is a sign for me to get out of my apartment and revive my social life.
- You know you have issues if you speak in Excel VBA code to your friend.
- My Excel data ends on row 666. Proof that my work is evil!
- Boss has suggested we go on an Advanced Excel course – this makes me want to cry….do I really want people to know I’m an advanced geek!
- Scholastic motivation: Boys and girls…if you excel at math and science you won’t have to talk to as many people at work.
- Seriously, why can’t it just be a matter of thinking a concept & then excel making it happen???! Why must it take 30-60 min to work it out?!
- All my clients ROI’s are going in the tube and my strategist’s answer for all my questions? "make a pivot table". YOU make a GD pivot table.
- I am fantastic at working on an excel worksheet for three hours to only make it look the same as it did before
- I hate that I can’t make Excel work and it just freaking shows my pie chart all stupid. What kind of business major am I?
- You know you’re not an accountant when you put the info on excel but still work out the totals on your phones calculator.
- Pretty excited to have finally found an appropriate occasion to use slicers in a pivot table. #thisiswhyimsingle
- My mom just sent me a bunch of data asking me if I could "work my Excel magic". The answer to that is #always. #ExcelNerd #proudofit
- At an advanced Microsoft Excel class after 9 hours of work. I dare you to come up with something more boring.
- Over fall break I’ll be showing my very confused parents an excel doc with charts and tables concerning my life plans. That’s normal right?
- my 3,000 row excel sheet i’ve been working on for 4 weeks was saved incorrectly and now i have 80 hours of work to do in 24. #trynottocry
- The default color scheme for Excel charts is specifically designed to confound my feeble ability to distinguish colors.
Share and Enjoy
Would the world be a better place if all kids learned how to use Excel and make pivot tables? Maybe we could start with celebration noises instead.
- Call me old fashion but I’d rather take 30 seconds to draw a chart by hand than take an hour to learn to operate the spaceship that is excel
- Fought and won a major battle with Excel to do something rather fancy in a chart, the result looks great but it’s done my head in! #fb
- Not convinced about teaching all kids how to code. I’d be happier if more people could use Excel. Those pivot tables are tricky
- I know I’m late to the game, but whomever removed the chart wizard from excel – I hate you.
- Excel really needs celebration noises. Quite happy with this historical NSS Assessment & Feedback pivot table/charts
- No, it’s not my code, it’s excel deciding that times don’t need to show hours. Speaking of hours, I’d like that one back.
- And how do I stop excel automaticallc changing 5-9 to 5-september? This stupid thing is maddening!
- Just created my first Excel pivot table. It’s even more fun than it sounds.
- I just taught someone how to make a chart in Excel by making a chart in Excel. Software is terrible and none of us are escaping alive.
- there’s no ‘view source code’ for excel. No way to debug Excel formula error. No stack overflow for Excel either <–now there’s an idea!
- Trying to get my boss to use #Excel instead of a pad and paper is no easy task.#TryingToTeachAnOldDogNewTricks #Chicago #MoneyManagement
- when I close my eyes, I see Excel spreadsheets. That is very bad. I’m having such a hard time leaving work at work.
- Just spent the entire week trying to make one Excel chart.
- "fake it till you make it" -me to myself everyday at work when my boss tells me to do crazy stuff on excel and i have to google how to do it
- I AM QUEEN OF EXCEL VBA*!!! KNEEL BEFORE ME!!! *have finally solved a stupid code error, not an actual title
- I used my brain too much today. Ouch. It’s Friday. Not a day for flow charts, logic diagrams, Excel sheets and content hierarchies… #geek
- There’s something calming about creating a brand new Excel workbook. It’s also kind of artistic. #NotASarcasticTweet
Share and Enjoy
Use your common sense in Excel, or you could go from slinging drinks, to making pivot tables, to oblivion.
- Housemate doing fun craft while I teach myself to use a Pivot table. One of us is getting a raw deal. I don’t think it’s him.
- Scumbag Microsoft – "Oh! Finally got your VBA code to work? Let me just crash Excel for you so you can do it again"
- You know when you want to ask a pro a question, but you are afraid the answer will be "pivot table."That’s how I’m feeling now
- I can’t even work excel how the hell am I supposed to get into college??
- Boss is calling himself an "Excel God" again. Stabbing myself repeatedly in the eye with a letter opener.
- I found out the hard way the Excel can only have a little over 1million rows in one worksheet. Don’t try that at home
- Just had a fun hour at work making a data analyst laugh with Excel & Pivot Table based jokes. I think I need to get a life.
- Alert!!!! I used Microsoft excel and my brain didn’t explode!! And I made a pretty cute bar graph!!!
- I use Excel way too much for someone who doesn’t work in data entry
- just a bit of common sense, yeah? i’m not asking for the moon on a stick.. or in a pivot table.
- I just realized it wasn’t me being an idiot, it’s my Excel. It seems to want to delete all of my work every so often. I’m gonna cry.
- So many stupid desktop support requests relate to insert mode. "OMG NOTHING’S WORKING EXCEL IS BROKEN"
- everyone is doing some excel worksheet in class, but as always, i’m looking up puppies instead. i hope we dont need to know this.
- No wonder my brother dropped engineering in a week- he cant even figure out how to print out my excel chart -./
- If anyone needs any excel work, I’m now officially certified!
- Today, I successfully made a Pivot Table on the first try for the first time. It’s a well-quantified downhill slide to oblivion from here
- It is crazy how much my work life has changed in the last 3 months. From slinging drinks and wrenching on boats to meetings and excel.
- So Excited by the Pivot Table I just Created. I know most People wouldn’t be that Excited but most People haven’t seen this Bad-Boy #Skillz
Share and Enjoy